Saturday, September 9, 2017

Week 6/Semana 6

Day 36:
This morning I went to the feria with a couple of friends from Germany. We shopped around for quite awhile. I managed to know 4 people off my Christmas list. I obviously can't post pictures of purchases, but know that they were awesome.
Some cultural things I just can't embrace and these shoes are one of them.

After that I headed home and worked on an upcoming project and test. I also watched a Christmas movie. I was homesick today and something about Christmas movies helps me. 

Day 37:
Today was my first day of community service. I went and helped some Uruguayans teach some 5 year olds about color mixing. The preschool was totally different than any that I've seen in the States. All the kids wear smocks. Things in the classroom are made of metal and wood and aren't perfectly sized to the tiny people. Children aren't watched like hawks like they are in the States. Finger guns are totally acceptable as is some rough housing. Classes are very large and I don't think ratio exists. Teachers yelled at the students and that wasn't a terrible crime. The students didn't sit still and listen to the story and that too was ok. The classes were loud, but it wasn't a problem for the teachers. These preschool teachers even had teacher desks.  It's eye opening just how different this preschool was from any preschool I've ever seen.

Here's some of our art


Day 38:
Today I was blessed with an sick tummy and a fever.

Day 39:
I don't feel bad, but I don't feel good. Laura told me I needed to stay home. I went to school. As long as I don't eat my belly feels better. The only thing is that I still have a fever, which makes me feel sicker than I actually am. Hopefully tomorrow is better.
Cute little old car spotted on my walk

Day 40:
I felt much better today. Only a slight headache and upset stomach. In my literature class there was a cat asleep in a chair in the back. He stayed there and slept through the entire lecture. He's the campus cat and had apparently snuck inside. I don't know that I've mentioned it, but I love empanadas. I'm going to miss them when I come home. They're kind of like hot pockets only better. I'll have to get the recipe, so that I can make them when I'm feeling a little Uruguayan.

Day 41:
Today I went on a field trip with my culture class to the National Museum of Visual Arts. It was boring. I don't appreciate art unless it was made for me by little hands.
Boring

A Uruguayan food that I've fallen in love with is empanadas. I like them hot or cold and at any time of day.
Me + Empanadas = <3
Day 42:
I woke up not feeling well again. Head this time. I did go to the store for alfajores and Sprite this morning. I was wondering through and saw this. It's a play maté set for kids. Cracked me up.
Yes, it's that big a deal here

I saw this game there last week and went back and forth about buying all week long. It's a Colombian game to be played outside. I bought the smallest set and decided that it would be not only fun to have, but also fun for the wedding.




Día 36:
Esta mañana fui a la feria con unas amigas de Alemania. Caminamos por un tiempo. Compré regalos de Navidad para 4 personas en mi lista. Obviamente no puedo mostrar fotos de mis compras, pero sabe que son muy buenos. 
Hay unas cosas culturas que no puedo hacer. Estes zapatos son un ejemplo.

Despise regresé a mi casa y trabajé en un proyecto y examen. También vi una película de Navidad. Hoy tenía nostalgia y algo de películas de Navidad me ayuda.


Day 37:
Hoy fue el primer día de servicios comunitarios. Fui y ayudé algunas Uruguayas enseñan niños de 5 años de colores y como mezclan. La escuela fue totalmente diferente de las escuelas en los E.E.U.U. Todos los niños llevan los blusones. Las mueblas en los salones no son tan chiquitos como en los E.E.U.U y también no son plásticos. Son de madera y metal. Los maestras no miran los niños tan cerca. Armas de dedos está bien y jugar bruto también. Las clases son grandes y el ratio no existe. Las maestras gritan a los estudiantes y eso no fue un gran pecado. Los estudiantes no sienten sin movimiento durante el cuento. Las clases son ruidosas. Las maestras en la escuela inicial tienen escritorios. Me sorpresa como tan diferente la escuela fue de todas que las vi en los E.E.U.U.
Nuestro arte


Día 38:
Hoy tenía un fiebre y una barriga enferma.

Día 39:
No me siento mala, pero no me siento bien. Laura me dijo que necesito quedarme en casa y descansar. Fui a la clase. Si no como mi barriga no es tan mal. La única cosa es que todavía tengo fiebre, cual me hace sentirme peor que estoy. Deseo que mañana sea mejor.
Un coche tan pequeñito es lindo 

Día 40:
Hoy me senté mejor. Mi cabeza y barriga me molestaban un poquito pero apenas. En mi clase de literatura hubo un gato en una silla en el fondo. Él durmió durante la lección. Es el gato de la universidad pero al parecer se coló a dentro para una siesta. No sé si he mencionado, per me encantan las empanadas. Voy a extrañarlas cuando regreso. Necesito obtener la receta para que las hago cuando me siento un poco como un Uruguayo. 

Día 41:
Hoy fui en una excursión con mi clase de cultura al Museo nacional de artes visuales. Fue aburrido. No tengo una apreciación para arte a menos que manitas me lo hacen.
Aburrido

Una comida uruguaya que me encanta es la empanada. Me gustan caliente o frio y a cualquier tiempo del día.
Yo + Empanadas = <3
Día 42:
Se desperté enferma otra vez. Mi cabeza y nariz esta vez. Fui a la tienda para alfajores y Sprite esta mañana. Caminaba cuando vi esto. Es un maté para jugar. Me hizo reír.
Sí, es tan importante acá
Vi este juego la semana pasada y lo pensaba toda la semana si lo quiero o no. Es un juego de Colombia para jugar afuera. Compré el más chiquito y decidí que sería divertido para tener pero también para mi boda.

No comments:

Post a Comment