Saturday, September 30, 2017

Week 9/Semana 9

Day 57:
This morning Eduardo took me to the church where he and Laura got married. It was super pretty and I'm glad he made me go despite me not wanting to. Then I went to the feria looking for Christmas gifts. I didn't find any, but the walk was nice.



Fountain in Rodo Park
Back side of the fountain

Day 58:
Today at community services my partner had to leave early so I was on my own with a group of 20 five-year-olds that spoke no English and have difficulty understanding my accent. They kept asking to say mom and dad in Spanish. I'm guess they found my accent funny. Then while waiting at the bus stop a couple passed me and asked for directions. I said, "I don't know" and nothing more. The lady asked if I was a foreigner. Then it was back to school.
Taking the bus by myself makes me feel so accomplished
Yea that's not exactly a garage sale. 
I hung out outside until time for class.
It was very nice out
Day 59:
It was museum day again today. On my way there I stopped at Plaza Zabala. The statue is of Bruno Mauricio de Zabala. He is the founder of Montevideo. He stopped Portugal from taking control of Río de Plata and later built a fort here. That fort eventually grew into the city of Montevideo.
Statue of Bruno Mauricio de Zabala

Then I headed on over to the Museo de Artes Decorativas. It is in Palacio Taranco. The palace was built on the site of Montevideo's first theater. The Taranco Ortiz family had it built, but the government bought it and some of the furniture inside later on. 
The piano is covered in paintings
This held perfume
It said that it's a cup
Day 60:
Today we watched a movie in Spanish class called "Un Cuento Chino". There were subtitles in Spanish along with the Spanish audio. I followed along without an issue and without reading the whole time! This is huge for me. My listening skills are improving a lot.

Day 61:
I made Muy Bueno on my Uruguayan Literature test! That's like a B back home. Normally I wouldn't be excited about a B, but the reading materials were intended for adult native speakers.

Day 62:
Museum day. We went to Museo Gurvich. Last day before Spring Break.

Day 63:
Cristina and and I spent the morning working on school stuff at the table together. Everybody was gone this afternoon and was decent outside so I went out and played soccer with the wall. I'm sure the neighbors appreciated it and my country music.




Día 57:
Esta mañana fui con Eduardo a la iglesia donde él y Laura se casaron. Era muy linda y estoy feliz que él me hizo ir a pesar de yo no quería ir. Después fui a la feria en busca de regalos de Navidad. No los encontré, pero disfruté el paseo.



Fuente en Parque Rodo
El fondo del fuente

Day 58:
Hoy a servicios comunitarios mi compañera salió temprano y me quedó con 20 niños de cinco años que no hablaban inglés y tenían dificultades con mi acento in español. Ellos me preguntaron para decir "mamá" y "papá" de nuevo de nuevo de nuevo. Creo que mi acento era cómico. Después a la parada del bus una pareja me pasaba y me preguntaron dónde está un calle. Dije "No sé" y nada más. La mujer me preguntó si era extranjera. Entonces regresé a la universidad.
Me siento consumada cuando tomo el bus sola. 
Sí, eso no es un Garage Sale.
Esperando para clase
El tiempo era muy lindo hoy
Day 59:
Hoy era día del museo de nuevo. En mi camino, paré a la Plaza Zabala. La estatua es de Bruno Mauricio de Zabala. Él es el fundador de Montevideo. Paró Portugal de tomar el control de Río de Plata y después construyó una fortaleza acá. Esa fortaleza creció en Montevideo. 
Estatua de Bruno Mauricio de Zabala

Después fui al Museo de Artes Decorativas. Está en Palacio Taranco. El palacio fue construido en el sitio del primer teatro de Montevideo. La familia Taranco Ortiz construyó, pero el gobierno lo compró con unos de los muebles más tarde.  
El piano está cubierto en pinturas
Taza para fragancia
Una taza

SaveSave
Día 60:
Hoy miramos una película en Español se llama "Un Cuento Chino". Había subtítulos en Español con el audio en Español. ¡Sigue sin problemas y sin leyendo todo el tiempo! Esto es enorme para mi. Mi habilidad de escuchar están mejorando mucho.

Día 61:
¡Recibí Muy Bueno en mi parcial para Literatura Uruguaya!

Día 62:
Día del museo. Fuimos al Museo Gurvich. Ultimo día antes de las vaccines de la primavera.

Día 63:
Cristina y yo trabajamos toda la mañana a la mesa en nuestros propias cosas para clases. En la tarde no había nadie en la casa y el tiempo era decente, así que fui afuera para jugar fútbol con la pared. Estoy seguro que los vecinos les gustó y mi música country también.

No comments:

Post a Comment